Difficult to choose between the original and the remix by my fellow Helsinki natives Jay Lamar & Jesse Oliver. I’m going to post the original as the remix by Jay and Jesse has received so much publicity in the last few days. Be sure to enjoy them both, cool 80’s synth electro, very tasty.
I think I’ve found my favorite sunglasses. Persol’s tribute shades to Fellini’s La Dolce Vita are exactly what i have been looking for, turtle vintage quality.
One of the best DJ acts i ever witnessed was Osunlade at Flow Festival 2005 in Helsinki. His incredible tribal house drums filled a packed brick warehouse with jungle energy. Todd Terje has made a successful venture into tribal house with his latest remix of Bepi N’ Gali, very danceable, impossible to sit still with the intensive drumming.
Zara has a great line of chinos for this summer, my personal favorites are these light pink ones in cotton. Effortlessly stylish.
Finland is celebrating Wappu today so i am off for some fiesta. Check out this electronica/nu disco mixtape by French duo Reflex, including full tracklist below. The leche picture from A Club Called Rhonda is borrowed from Ajtweets via Instagram and Twitter:
01. Joakim – “Nothing Gold” Todd Terje remix
02. Birkii “Holy War” REFLEX remix
03. Sailor & I – “Tough Love” Poindexter remix
04. Trésors – “Scarface” – Juveniles remix
05. Museum – “Afraid” REFLEX remix ( Blackstrobe Records )
06. Lana Del Rey “Born To Die” G. Vump remix ( Bromance )
07. Jupiter – “One O Six” A.N.D.Y. remix
08. Cosmonauts – “Stardust” Kolombo remix
09. Chateaubriand – “The Sunset”
10. Aeroplane – “Caramellas” Joakim remix
11. Oh Land “Sun Of A Gun” Yuksek remix
12. Gigamesh – “Your body”
13. Citizens “Reptile” Attar! remix
14. REFLEX – “Wavering” ( Continental Records )
15. Hey Today – “83” ( Kitsuné )
16. Black Strobe – “Italian Fireflies” REFLEX remix
17. Punks Jump Up feat Dave1 – “Mr Overtime” Mickey remix
18. Sebastien Tellier – “Cochon Ville” The Magician remix + Dimitri From Paris ‘Erodisco’ mix
19. Ladyhawke “Sunday Drive” Gigamesh remix ( Modular )
20. Foster The People – “Don’t Stop” Oliver remix
Finnish electro pop band Regina smoothly remixed by California based Kisses . Perfect for a sunny and warm day in Helsinki. Pack your beach and picnic gear in a canvas bag such as this one from Penfield available on ASOS.
Zimmer describes his musical style as Horizontal Disco, which for some reason feels like a suitable description for his elegant tones. This fantastic mixtape by the LA / Paris resident is full of goodies from the likes of Moon Boots, Alpine/Goldroom, Only Children, Helsinki based Zebra and Snake etc…Hard to find a pair of jeans that could do this excellent mixtape justice, but i think these just might do.